How do I apply and how much does it cost?
Application deadline is 15th April. Your place is only secured once payment is received, but you can secure your place by paying a non-refundable £150 deposit and the rest no later than a week before the course start date (25th May).
Your fee covers:
- the entire cost of your course (pre-retreat feedback and writing advice, taught sessions, specific writing tasks, 1-2-1 session, the lot),
- your accommodation in a single or shared room,
- full board, that’s breakfast, lunch and dinner (incl. delicious French wine!)
- transport from/to airport in France
The only extra expense is your flight, which with budget airlines, is very affordable (the sooner you book, the cheaper it will be). Ryanair flies directly from Stansted to Limoges and Brive airports, which are both around an hour’s drive from Le Verger. There are also options to get there by train. To make travel simple, all participants will be asked to book the same flight, so after booking your place on the course, please wait until you have been emailed the travel details. Travelling together also allows the writers and facilitator to start getting to know each other and makes airport transfers simpler. Please, note that if you require a separate pick-up or drop-off (not with the rest of the group), a local taxi can cost you up to 160€ whilst the hosts will give you a lift for £80. Cost of group pick-ups is between £12 and £15 one way and is included in the course price.
To apply, you will need to:
- Fill in this form Booking form One Act Play in One Week
- Send us your idea for a one act play. An idea can be a chunk of dialogue, part or full plot summary, character(s) description, an idea for a theme or whatever you have so far, even if it’s just a couple of words. Please, do not send anything that is longer than 2 pages in total to allow us to process all applications in a timely manner. You can use this template to help you write up your idea: Writing idea sheet One Act Play in One Week (NB: The course facilitator reserves the right not to offer you a place on the course if, based on your submitted writing idea, they feel you would be unable to write a full draft by the end of your stay in France.)
- Send both, your form and your idea document to email@example.com .
- Pay your fee via bank transfer or Pay Pal. (NB: You won’t need a PayPal account to do so, but it will cost you a little bit extra as there are admin fees that PayPal charges.)
Once your payment is received you can start packing. Well, not quite, you’ll have some preparatory writing to do before getting on that plane, remember?
There are only 6 places available, so book ASAP.
And here are your payment options:
For a single room, the fee is £675
If you’re happy to share, the cost is £620
If you have agreed via email to pay a deposit of £150 via PayPal in the first instance, then you will need to click here:
Please note, your deposit is non-refundable.
Any other questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to answer. Or, if you have a question about accommodation or food, please email David at email@example.com or visit www.retreatfrance.co.uk
Cancellations and refunds
Unfortunately, once we have received your payment , we cannot offer any refunds except in a case of force majeure, where we will consider refunding up to 50% depending on the cancellation date.
Exceptions to this are only in the unlikely case where payment has been received and the course facilitator has decided not to offer you a place on the course, in which case, a full refund will be offered.